Wednesday, November 6, 2013

COUPON STACKING - SAVES YOU MORE

I've used coupons in the past.  I'm not completely new I guess but I am new to the finer tuned ways of using them.  I saved $65 off a $200 food bill ONCE, a few years ago and I haven't really done it since.  So, with a desire to learn how to do it more efficiently and faster, I'll teach you as I learn.

My friend Missie gave a bunch of tips, right off the bat when I mentioned that I was interested in learning more.  She said that she walked into a store recently and spent 25 CENTS for $152 worth of groceries.  I was astounded!  She said it's not always like that but she can usually save 60-80% of her bill by using coupons.  That's incredible!  I HAD TO know more!

Coupon Stacking

I asked Missie her secrets.  One of them is that you can "STACK" coupons.  I am naive, so I naturally asked how?  She explained that a store coupon is different from a manufacturers coupon.

A store coupon is anything that comes from the store itself.  A couple of great examples would be Shaws Supermarket and CVS Pharmacy.  At the time of check out these two places will give you an extra slip of paper or two with your receipt or there will be a coupon printed at the bottom of your receipt.  That is a store coupon, also known as a "catalina."

It is considered being frugal, not a cheater, to use this catalina in conjunction with a manufacturers coupon and stack them onto one item.

For example, if you had a catalina for $1.50 off of Toothpaste and a manufacturers coupon also for $1.50 off the same size tube of the same brand and the toothpaste happens to be on sale for $2.00, the store now OWES YOU a dollar!!  I obviously fell in love with this idea immediately.  Now it's becoming more like a game. instead of a chore.  I cant wait to get started!

I'm on a roll, follow this blog for more information and tips and join my community on Facebook by the same name, "Couponing - Money Saved is Money Earned," where people who are actually are out there making it work for themselves can share the bargains they found so you can pick and choose quickly the savings that works for you.

Thank you for your visit as always,
Missy Bell - Author of www.WhereTheGhostsLive.WordPress.com & www.PeaceAndHappinessProject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment